Our Thoughts on Project Safety
Construction work of any type is a high-risk undertaking, and historically roofing has one of the highest accident rates in the industry, primarily from falls. United Roofing & Sheetmetal, Inc. takes an aggressive approach to personnel safety, both for our staff and those occupying our project sites. The final result of our approach to safety is a safe working environment, significant savings for you from our workman’s compensation rates, and a confident, efficient work force.
- Our first priority is site review and establishing a safety plan specific to the conditions on each project.
- Daily safety inspections are completed by each foreman for proper ladder and warning line set up, fall protection integrity, and safe operating conditions for all equipment on site.
- Random safety inspections are conducted by management to ensure proper use of safety equipment.
- All personnel are trained in the use of company tools and equipment, proper roofing procedures and on site safety.
- No open flame, hot tar, flammable adhesives, or other hazardous chemicals are used in our roofing system.
- Regular safety meetings are conducted in house and on site to ensure comprehension and compliance with all safety policies and procedures.